Venepuncture and Cannulation Training
Who is the course for?
Essentially this Venepuncture and Cannulation training course is a REFRESHER session for delegates who wish to be kept updated with the latest legislation and compliance changes, research and above all correct procedures.
Please note - this course is not intended for delegates who have not performed venepuncture or cannulation before!
Why attend this course?
Venepuncture and Cannulation are the most commonly performed invasive procedures in the NHS. To perform these procedures well and to a safe standard it requires staff to have relevant and up-to-date knowledge and skills. This training includes both theory and practical elements
- An awareness of the venepuncture technique
- Identify potential dangers and complications of these invasive techniques
- Understand the vascular anatomy of the arm
- Awareness of the order of draw
- Carry out a successful practical demonstration
- Site Selection
- Equipment Selection
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Potential Complications & Errors
- Infection Control - Aseptic Technique
- The Venepuncture Procedure
- The Cannulation Procedure
- Compact 4 hour day face to face theory & practical course using stimulation equipment to learn the foundations to access veins confidently.
- Small group sizes mean there is lots of occasions for one to one teaching during the practical sessions, so all delegates are catered for.
- Vascular Access Structured Learning Programme endorsed by NIVAS to take away with you to enable you to demonstrate competency.
Interactive, enjoyable, well prepared, well presented, very informative + relevant to my practice - Nester Shandu
Excellent course, Ashley very engaging + clarity of explanation of procedures etc really good, she's a star. Making revision of subject matter enjoyable - Jenny Hawkes
Interactive, informative + fast moving. Excellent! 10/10 - Joanne Kanda
Are you looking to hold a group Venepuncture & Cannulation training course at your place of work? Receive this expert training course, for up to 15 delegates, for as little as £53 per person! For further details, please contact us using this in-house enquiry form